What is Lorem Ipsum?

Home Forums Forum 1 What is Lorem Ipsum?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Joel Friedland
    Participant

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry’s standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum.

https://www.lipsum.com/

Joel Friedland
    Participant

Graduation & Alumni Weekend May 13 to May 16, 2022

I went to the Alumni Weekend Reunion Dinner for the classes of 1975, 1976, and 1977 held on the 8th floor of Huntsman Hall. About a 100 people Showed. This was my first visit to Penn in about 15 years. The whole campus was spiffy and the organization of all the events was well done. Mike Selikoff from my year (I think) was at the dinner and about a half dozen people I recognized. Of course, everybody looked very old compared to when we were in college. The food and liquor were excellent.

I got to the campus by exiting from the Penn Medical stop on the SEPTA Airport rail line at 34th Street, walking North to Spruce Street and then walking West to 37th and Locust where I picked up my registration badge and my alumni gift — a high quality gray cloth backpack. The new hospital is immense. When I was at Penn, I was not at all conscious that Locust Walk slopes up hill all the way West, but 45 years after graduation, I felt that.

The graduating classes and fellow alumni all seemed much wealthier than forty five years ago. Some alumni donate more money to Penn each year than my lifetime earnings. All that money seems to have been well spent.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.